THC Overload? How to Counteract Being Too High
Cannabis is wonderful in the right doses but too much can amplify anxiety, make you feel paranoid and generally freak you out. Regular cannabis users can tell you that there’s one thing nobody enjoys: being too high. There are numerous ways it can happen, but once it does, the experience can be uncomfortable and bad enough to turn off seasoned cannabis lovers.
Thankfully, there are ways to help come back down when you feel too high, overwhelmed, or uncomfortable from excessive cannabis consumption.
1. Hydrate - Drink more water! Inhaling or ingesting cannabis can make you dehydrated so always error on the side of caution and stay hydrated!
2. Consume Black Pepper - Black Pepper binds to the same receptors in your brain that cannabis does, therefore it can have a de-escalating effect.
3. Get Some Sleep - Sleep it off! If your to high and uncomfortable find a safe place to take a nap. You
4. Eat Cannabis free foods - If you consumed an edible, eating something Cannabis free can help fill your stomach and process the THC through your system quicker.
5. Take a Cold Shower - A cold shower might not sound to appealing but i'm sure it will wake you up!
6. Caffeine - It can also help the brain with clarity and ward off the sense of fogginess or lethargy that comes with getting too high.
7. Try Some CBD - CBD has been proven to naturally reduce anxiety and bring our minds and bodies back to homeostasis.
Above all, if you believe you are too high, STAY CALM. Just stay calm, the effects will fade.